A sweet rice porridge made during housewarming and other festivals
1. Boil milk in a pan until it is just about to overflow on high heat.
2. Bring the heat to medium and add the rice to the milk and let it cook until it is soft, stirring in between. It becomes like a thick porridge.
3. Turn the heat to low and add the cardamom powder and sugar and mix until dissolved.
4. In a separate pan heat the ghee and roast cashews and raisins separately
5. Add the roasted cashews and raisins to the rice mixture,stir and turn off the stove.You can also use jaggery instead of sugar for a more earthier taste.Do not add the sugar before the rice is cooked ,it will stop the process of cooking.You can also add small roasted coconut pieces, rock candy or milk mawa to this for added flavor. If your rice is not cooked with the milk,you can add little water to complete cooking.