An Andhra style spiced yogurt tamarind stew made with lentils.
1. Heat 1 cup of water and dilute the tamarind paste and melt jaggery in it.
2. Blend the yogurt with remaining 2 cups of water and salt and take into a bowl and add onions to it.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the chana dal and urad dal and red chilies and allow it to get brown.
4. Add chopped green chilies, mustard, cumin and curry leaves and saute.
5. Add the tamarind water into this mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
6. Let it cool and add it to the diluted yogurt .You can check your salt and add more if you like and add coriander leaves. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve chilled with Rice.