This recipe is for a rich and delicious dessert. Beware requires a lot of whipping.In this recipe you can use any type of chocolate you like to create a thick and delicious mousse.
- Cuisine Other International
- Course Desserts
- Serves 6
- Method Freeze-chill
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 5 hour(s)
1. Separate the egg yolk and white
2. Use an electric beater (or if you like to use a handheld whisk) and whip the egg white till it is stiff. I used a electric beater and it took about 10-15 minutes
3. In a bowl pour hot water and then add the add the bowl of egg yolks into it. Add the rum to it and whip the yolk till the color lightens. ( if you using bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate you can add some sugar about 3 tablespoons)
4. Remove the yolk from the hot water and put in an ice water bath and whip till the yolk is thick like mayo.
5. In large pot pour hot water and place a bowl with the chocolate,butter and coffee in it. Let butter and chocolate melt to form a semiliquid mix.
6. Add the egg yolk slowly to melted chocolate and keep stirring.
7. Once the yolk and the chocolate are completely mixed, slowly fold the egg yolk
8. Transfer the mousse to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until firm.