Dragon chicken is an Indo-Chinese recipe made with chicken cooked in a spicy red sauce. It can be served as an appetizer or a side dish with fried rice.
1. Cut all the vegetables and keep them ready. Marinate the chicken with salt, 1 tablespoon soya sauce, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri chili powder and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the chicken until done on both sides. You can deep fry the chicken as well. But I prefer to shallow fry it as it makes it a little more healthy!
3. Add one tablespoon oil to a pan. Add ginger, garlic, chili flakes and the white portion of the spring onion. Saute till the garlic begins to brown. Next, add the capsicum and remaining spring onion. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Make a sauce with the remaining soya sauce, vinegar, red chili paste, ketchup, black pepper powder and corn starch. Add about 3 tablespoons water to the mixture. Mix well and add this to the wok.
5. Mix well. Add the coriander leaves.
6. Once the mixture begins to boil, add in the chicken. Stir so that the gravy coats the chicken evenly. Enjoy hot!