Egg and rice cooked with spices, served with raita.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Cook rice separately and boil eggs for 15-20 minutes. Cut some onion length wise and some a bit small in length.
2. Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and meanwhile cut eggs in halves and put them in oil.
3. Shallow fry eggs and take them out once done. Put cumin seeds in the same oil and roast well. Then add cardamoms and cinnamon sticks.
4. Put onions in ghee and cook well. Once onions are cooked add red chili powder, turmeric powder, pulao masala and salt. Roast well for 2 minutes.
5. Add fried eggs in spices and mix well. Put some ghee in a separate pan.
6. Now add cut lengthwise onions and fry until dark brown in color. Once onions are cooked take them out and fry green chilies in ghee.
7. Mix fried onions, egg fry and green chilies in cooked rice. Egg pulao is ready to serve.