This fatless cake can be enjoyed with tea. It also can be used as a base for other decorative cakes.
1. Butter a 12x15 baking pan. Then dust with maida. Also preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sieve flour and set aside as well.
2. In a mixing bowl take the 6 eggs and beat at a high speed for ~1 minute. Then add in the sugar and beat for another 6 minutes.
3. Add in the vanilla extract while the eggs are beating. The mixture will increase in size and be light and frothy.
4. Sieve half the flour into the egg mixture and fold gently. Do the same with the rest of the flour.
5. Transfer immediately into prepared pan. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean when pocked in the center.
6. Enjoy warm with tea or use as a base for other decorative cakes.