This curry taste best cooked in an earthen pot and Kashmiri chillies for the rich orange color
1. Set aside the ingredients
2. Chop the onion long and saute till transcluent
3. soak the kokum in warm water
4. In a mixer-grinder, add the spices, garlic ginger , coconut and grind till a uniform paste is formed. If you don't like texture, use a strainer and separate out the pulp. I add a little pulp for texture
5. While using the earthen pot on a gas stove you need to make sure that the base is never empty. So start with little water or I just used oil and make sure the whole base is coated. Let it heat on medium to low flame and add the curry leaves to release the fragrance.
6. Add the ground masala to the pot and add kokum, prawns and bhindi to it
7. Let the curry cook for about 10-15 minutes. Serve with white rice