This is a simple and easy to follow recipe to make samosa which are stuffed with Potatoes and peas and served with a side of green chutney
1. Making Samosa has 3 major steps- 1. Making Stuffing 2. Making Chutney 3. Making outer cover for Samosa. Keep pan on gas and add oil to it. Add cumin and mustard seeds and let seeds splutter. Add Turmeric powder, asafetida, curry leaves, Garam masala, salt, sugar, lime juice in oil. Add boiled potatoes and green peas and stir mixture for 4-5 minutes. Now Stuffing is ready.
2. Grind Bhavnagari shev or Gathiya, coriander leaves, yogurt, ginger ,garlic, green chilli, mint powder, sugar and salt together in a fine paste. If required add some water.
3. Chutney is ready.
4. Mix wheat flour and semolina , add hot cooking oil and salt mix it thoroughly. Add water for making tight dough. Keep dough rested for 15 to 20 minutes. Then make small balls of dough.
5. Take one round piece of dough, and press it with rolling pin and make oval shape. Then cut it at center with knife/cutter.
6. Pick half piece in hand to make cone for filling stuff. Match two sides together to get triangular shape. refer the photo for making shape .
7. Fill the stuff in Samosa as shown. Close the open sides by pressing by hand.
8. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan (for deep frying). Deep fry Samosa till golden brown and crispy . Maintain medium gas flame for frying. Place on tissue paper to drain any extra oil and Samosa are ready.