Baked samosas are a healthier alternative to the fried versions.
1. Add salt, yeast, baking powder, ajwain and oil to flour and mix it well.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix it. Keep adding more water to make a dough. Keep the dough aside for 30 mins covered with a tissue paper or a moist cloth.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan and add chilli and ginger to it. Put coriander powder and cumin powder to it and fry for a minute.
4. Add peas followed by potatoes with a minute gap so stir it well by mashing potatoes.
5. Add Salt and Cilantro to it and stir for 3-4 minutes. Stuffing for samosa is ready.
6. Take the dough out and divide the dough to make balls.
7. Roll each ball with the rolling pin into a slightly thin puri, slightly elongated in shape as shown in the image. Take a knife and divide the rolled puri into two by cutting through the center.
8. Now take a semi-circle piece of the puri, and make a fold in the shape of a triangle as shown in the image. Seal along the fold. Now place this cone between your thumb and index finger.
9. Place a spoon of the stuffing inside and seal to enclose the stuffing. Press the ends firmly so that the filling does not come out during the deep frying process.
10. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
11. Arrange the samosas on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.