Potato wedges made with gram flour and onions, served with chapati or indian flatbread.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 40 minutes
1. Cut potatoes as shown. In a bowl mix gram flour, coriander leaves, raw mango powder, carom seeds, freshly grated ginger, garam masala, a pinch of red chilli powder and salt.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium to high flame and pour water into the gram flour mix (The mix should be thick). Add potatoes to it and mix well (Make sure the mix is applied to each and every potato wedge).
3. Put the cut potato in hot oil and turn the heat to medium flame. Fry potatoes until brown in color and take off the flame.
4. Now chop onion and take the extra oil out of the pan (keep only 3-4 teaspoon of oil in pan). Put cumin seeds in pan and roast them.
5. Put onions in oil and fry until brown in color. Then add red chillie powder, coriander powder and a pinch of garam masala to onions and roast well for 2 minutes.
6. Add fried potatoes to roasted spices and mix well. Cover with lid for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the lid.