This delicious milk dessert found in all parts of India is a favorite of all Indians, especially in the summer to beat the scorching heat.
1. Powder the cardamom and keep it aside. Powder the almonds into a fine powder as well.
2. Bring the milk to a boil. Once the milk boils pour in the sugar.
3. Add the mawa powder and stir till all the lumps are gone. If adding sweet milk powder reduce the amount of sugar by half. Mawa powder is not sweet.
4. Add in the cardamom powder and saffron. Also add in the powdered almonds.
5. Add in the corn starch dissolved in water.
6. Stir continuously till the mixture comes to a boil. Let the mixture cool completely. Pour the mixture in moulds of your choice.
7. Refrigerate overnight. To remove the kulfi from the mould, run the mould under water for a couple of minutes. Enjoy cold.