Almond Desert made in Milk and Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1. Soak 2 cups of almonds in water overnight. Peel off their skin.
2. Blend almonds until coarse as shown in the picture. Do not let it completely blend.
3. Roast almonds in 4 teaspoons of desi ghee (clarified butter) for 5 minutes. Add milk in it and mix it well
4. Add sugar and saffron in the mix. If you don't have saffron, you can add food color instead.
5. Keep on stirring the mix for 5 minutes. Now, take the mix out and put it back into the blender. Blend it for 5 seconds until the mixture becomes uniform. Again it should remain coarse for the crunchy taste.
6. Pour out the mix back into the pan and cook the mix on medium heat. Keep stirring the mix. Once the mix start bubbling, stir for another 2 mins and then take off heat.
7. Leave the mix to cool for 5 mins. The mix will become thick by this time and is ready to serve. You can add raisins and cashews as garnishes. This dessert is best eaten in small quantities in winter.