A quick easy delicious middle eastern dessert made with puff pastry or filo sheets stuffed with dry fruit stuffing and covered in the sweet goodness of honey.
1. In a pan dry roast the almonds and walnuts on medium heat for about 10 minutes. You can substitute almonds and walnuts with other dry fruits like cashews and pistachio as well. Traditionally pistachio is used to make baklava.
2. Finely chop the dry roasted nuts and set aside.
3. To this add cinnamon powder, sugar, salt and mix well. The stuffing is ready.
4. Thaw the pastry sheets. Grease the baking sheet and sprinkkle some flour over it to prevent the pastries from sticking to the bottom.
5. Arrange half of the pastry sheets to cover the bottom of the pan.
6. Sprinkle the dry fruit mixture generously over the pastries.
7. Cover with the remaining pastries. Then cut into small squares of desired sizes using pizza cutter.
8. Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of an oven preheated at 350 degrees. Back for 15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes remove the pastries out smother generously with honey and bake for another 5 minutes till golden brown. Enjoy warm.