Lahori Fish Fry is an easy fish appetizer with a unique blend of spices.
- Cuisine Other International
- Course Appetizers
- Serves 6
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 1 hour(s)
1. Marinate the fish with salt, lemon juice and garlic paste. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes. In a mixer or in a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the cumin and coriander seeds.
2. In a bowl, sieve the besan. Add the chili flakes, turmeric, kasuri methi and coarsely ground cumin and coriander seeds. Mix well.
3. You can add water to this mixture if you like, however, make sure it is a thick paste. Add this mixture to the fish. Mix well.
4. Heat oil. Add the fish to the oil. Fry till golden brown on both sides. Fish cooks fast so it should not take more than 2 minutes on each side. Remove the fish on a paper towel to soak extra oil. Immediately sprinkle with chaat masala. Serve immediately with mint chutney!