Kohlrabi potato vegetable made with authentic kashmiri spices, served with rice.
- Cuisine Konkani
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 20 minutes
1. Take one kohlrabi and peel off the skin( thick). Cut it into pieces and meanwhile cut potatoes in pieces. NOTE: Always buy small and greener kohlrabi if available because it tastes better than larger one.
2. Heat oil in a cooker on medium to high flame and add cumin seeds. Roast them well. After that put cardamoms and cinnamon sticks and roast them for 10-15 seconds.
3. Put cut potatoes and kohlrabi in cooker and turn the flame to just more than medium flame. Shallow fry them for just 5-7 minutes.
4. Now put red chilli powder and roast it well for 1 minute. After that add ginger powder and turmeric powder and roast them well also. Then add fennel powder and roast it well also for 1 minute. Add water, green chillies and salt.
5. Pressure cook it. Normally it takes 5-7 minutes to pressure cook it. After that turn off the heat and let the steam come out of its own. Then open the lid and boil it for another 5 minutes so that the gravy thickens well. Monj aulo is ready to serve.