Mozzarella sticks are deep fried crispy sticks with a gooey cheesy center.
1. Cut the mozzarella sticks into halves. Beat an egg. Keep a plate with bread crumbs and flour ready as well.
2. Roll the mozzarella in flour. Next dunk it in the egg.
3. Roll on the bread crumbs. Dunk again with egg, followed by bread crumbs. Roll in between your hand to make sure bread crumbs stick well.
4. Place in the freezer to set for around 20 minutes. This ensures that the bread crumbs cook and the cheese does not melt immediately during the frying process. Heat oil and fry for no more than 30 seconds. Keep a close eye so that the cheese does not melt.
5. Remove on a paper towel to soak extra oil. Enjoy with marinara sauce.