This is one of my favorite soups. It is simple and easy to make. You can have it has an appetizer or a main.
1. Chop the onion fine. In a pot, add a teaspoon of oil and sauté the onion. Tip: If you like a garlic flavour, you can add some fine chopped garlic and saute.
2. Add the cubed butternut squash and saute for 2 minutes. Add black pepper.
3. Add chicken to the pot and bring to boil for 10 minutes. Add salt if needed.
4. Turn of the stove and cool the soup. Add the soup to the blender and make a fine paste
5. Return the paste to the pot and warm for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.