Mutton pulao is a delicious semi spicy rice recipe.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 10
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Marinate the cleaned mutton with 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon turmeric. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Wash the rice, drain the water and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
2. Heat ghee. Add the cumin, cinnamon stick, black and green cardamom, bay leaves, star anise and remaining 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste. Add in the sliced onion and cook till it begins to turn brown.
3. Add the mutton and let it brown on both sides. Add the coconut milk.
4. Mix everything well. Add the turmeric, garam masala powder, kashmiri red chili powder. Mix everything well and cook till the mutton is done. Add the remaining water and bring it to a boil. Add in the coriander leaves.
5. Once the mutton is done, keep the vessel on a tawa to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Add in the rice. Mix well. Add the remaining salt after tasting for appropriate amount.
6. Cook till the rice is done. Serve hot with raita.