A popular accompaniment for curries at parties and occasions.
1. Keep rice soaked in water for 15-20 mins and then drain all water out.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds to it.
3. Let cumin seeds go black and crackling and then add rice to it. Stir till oil coats every grain of rice and it looks glossy.
4. Add salt and water to it. Close the lid and keep it for 20 mins on low flame. Check occasionally to see if water is evaporated.
5. Rice is ready to serve, serve hot with any Indian Veg or Non-Veg Curry.