A middle eastern bread... Eaten hot with various gravies and dips
- Cuisine Middle Eastern
- Course Breads
- Serves 8
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Add 2 packets of yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in 1.5 cups of warm water and leave it to rise for 15 minutes.
2. Take 4 cups of flour and add 1 teaspoon of salt to it. Knead the flour to make a dough using the water in which yeast was put.
3. After kneading the dough add olive oil and knead again. Then leave the dough to rise for 15 minutes.
4. Make small balls of the dough, roll in some dry flour and roll them out.
5. Heat a pan and cook the bread on a medium flame turning occasionally till cooked on both sides.
6. Serve hot with dips, gravies or use to make rolls like schwarma.