This prawns pickle is inspired by Kerala style method of preparation.
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Pickles
- Serves 40
- Method Stir-fry
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Clean the prawns. Marinate with salt, turmeric and kashmiri chili powder and set aside.
2. Separate the curry leaves from the stem. peel the garlic and in a mortar and pestle gently crush it.
3. Heat 1 cup oil. Fry the prawns in the oil till cooked well. Remove and set aside.
4. When you are finished frying the prawns, you will be left with a thick masala. Save this masala. heat the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and add split mustard seeds.
5. Add in the garlic and curry leaves and cook till garlic turns light brown.
6. Add in the masala left over from the fried prawns. Also add in the vinegar and let the mixture come to a boil.
7. Add in the prawns. Cook till the oil separates out. Transfer to an airtight container after it cools down. Refrigerate and enjoy after 2 days. Finish within a month of preparation.