Puran poli is a classical Marathi dish, which is a dessert served during auspicious occasions.
1. Take chana dal(split Bengal Gram) , wash it with water.In a pressure cooker,add 2 glasses water an chana dal.
2. Close the cooker and let it cook for 4 whistles ( 20 minutes). Open cooker lid and let it cool ( 10 minutes).
3. Pour cooked dal into strainer. After all water is drained put that chana dal in grinder/food processor to form a paste.
4. Add sugar and 1 table spoon of ghee to mixture. Tip :-- Ghee is added so the puran does not stick to pan base . Add green cardamom and nutmeg powder . Now Puran is ready.
5. Take wheat flour in a bowl and add little to salt to it . Add a cup of water in wheat flour to make dough.
6. Divide this in 15 equal small balls. Take one ball and and made it flat with hand to fill stuff ( puran)
7. After filling stuff close the stuff with cover and seal the edges. Dust it with flour and roll using rolling pin.
8. Heat a tawa and cook puran poli until done on both sides.