Aromatic Mutton curry dish has its origins in Persia and is a famous dish of Kashmir.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 5
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Put 4 tbs of oil in a hot pan, then add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and black cardamom saute for a 30 seconds.
2. Add sliced onions and saute till onions turn golden brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, keep stirring so they do not get burned.
4. Then add mutton and cook till the color changes for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Then add water and salt cover and cook on medium, for 25 to 30 minutes till mutton is 80% done.
6. Take 2 tbs kashmiri chili powder, mix with water first and then pour in the mixture. Now add fennel powder, ginger powder and whisked curd.
7. Cook for another 20 minutes on an open flame till the mutton is cooked and optionally garnish with whole coriander leaves. Your dish is ready to serve with rice.