A simple week-night dish, easy accompaniment with any dish!
1. Wash and drain rice. Then soak in warm water and set aside.
2. In the meanwhile, finely chop the tomato, bell pepper and onion.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add the chopped tomatoes, and saute until squishy on medium flame.
4. Next add bell peppers, and onion. Saute for 2 minutes. Then drain the rice and add to the vegetables. Toss until well incorporated.
5. Add the red chilli powder, salt and water. Mix well. Lower the flame to medium low. Close lid, and let cook for about 7-8 minutes.
6. Open lid, give it a good stir. Taste the water for salt. It should be saltier than the desired final taste. Add more salt if needed at this point. Close lid and let cook for another 5 minutes, or until the water is completely soaked in. Garnish with cilantro, serve hot!