A traditional marathi rice infused with spices and served with raita.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Wash the rice in water and soak it for 10 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard and cumin seeds. When they splutter, add asafetida and turmeric powder to it. Add cauliflower to it and stir it.
3. Add soaked rice to this and add cumin and coriander powder, salt, garam masala and sugar for taste. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add water to it.
4. Cook it for 7 to 8 minutes with closed lid.
5. Rice is cooked and ready.Garnish with grated coconut, fine chopped coriander leaves and cashew nuts. Serve hot.