Spicy vegetable meatball curry in authentic marathi gravy.
1. To make the gravy: Chop the Tomato, Onion, ginger, green chillies.Put chopped Tomato, Onion , Garlic , Ginger in Grinder . Add Coriander leaves, Garam masala, Turmeric powder , Cumin and Coriander Powder , Red Chili Powder & salt in the grinder. Grind it till it forms paste.
2. In a pan heat oil. Add Mustard and Cumin seeds , Asafetida powder, Turmeric ,Sugar and Garam masala. Add paste in the pan Fry it till it gets oily. Let the paste cook. Add boiled water into paste. Now the curry is ready.
3. For making Kofta:Take the Bottle Gourd( Dudhi Bhopla ) split it into two halves and grate it.
4. Mix the Besan atta( gram flour) , turmeric powder , salt ,red chili powder , cumin and coriander powder .
5. Mix the batter with the grated bottle gourd.Mix it well, so the mixture is ready for preparing Koftas. Water is NOT required for mixing .
6. Make 15-20 equal balls of above mixture. In a frying pan , deep fry the koftas. Drain the oil.
7. Add the koftas to the curry and let it boil for 5 minutes.