Kanchkola/ Green Banana is a common vegetable for Bengali. Kofta curry made out of Kanchkola is a delicious preparation.
1. Boil green banana and potato in a pressure cooker. Remove the skin.
2. Mash the boiled potato and green banana . Mix salt, little ginger - chili paste, cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder with the mashed potato and green banana to make a dough .
3. Make small balls from the dough.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the balls till brownish. Keep a in a dish.
5. Add bay leaves and cumin seed.
6. Add previously cut tomato. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
7. In a bowl mix ginger-chili paste, cumin powder and turmeric powder with little water and add in the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add sugar and stir the mix. Add a cup of water and green chili. Allow to boil .
9. Add fried balls. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add garam masala. Test for salt etc. The dish is ready to serve with boiled rice, chapati/ paratha.