A common bengali dish of mixed vegetables for lunch and is served as 1st course.
1. Cut all vegetables in small pieces
2. Make a paste of mustard seed and poppy seed. Mix with water and filter to separate the milky white liquid and keep in bowl.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the bitter gourd and eggplant lightly and keep in a dish.
4. Add 1/2 tea spoon of mustard seed and the bay leaves in the hot oil, add ginger paste and stir for 5 minutes.
5. Add all vegetable cuts in the pan. Add salt, sugar , turmeric powder and mix by stirring.
6. Cook for 3 minutes, add 2 cups of water, add fried eggplant and bitter gourd.
7. Add mustard seed & poppy seed paste created earlier and allow to cook till all vegetables have boiled properly and has turned tender.
8. Test for salt etc. and the dish is ready to serve with rice.