Bengali Parshe fish cooked in delicious Bengali favorite mustard gravy.
1. Soak mustard powder in a cup of water with little salt for 10 minutes. Mix it well. Note -You can make it using homemade mustard paste instead of ready made powder.
2. Marinate the fishes with turmeric powder and salt
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish and keep in a dish
4. Add kalonji to the remaining hot oil.
5. Make a paste of chili using a mixer.
6. Add the mustard paste and chili paste with little salt to the pan.
7. Cook the mix for 1-2 minutes. Add about 1 cup( medium) of water and allow the mix to cook for 4-5 minutes. Add fishes and lower the flame, and then allow cooking for 4-5 minutes till the gravy is thick.