A very delicious bengali snack made with "Bhetki mach (sheephead fish)" and served with mustard sauce. Usually served as a starter for a bengali full coarse meal or as pass-time snack in the evening.
1. Take about 600 gms of Bhetki Fish (flesh without bones) and make about 12 pieces of filets (flat slice).
2. Make a paste of all the onions, garlics and green chilies
3. Mix lemon juice (1 tablespoon) and 1 tea spoon of salt to the paste
4. Allow the fish filets to marinate overnight in the paste
5. Next day, mix 3 eggs, 2 tablespoon of corn flour, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder.
6. Make powder of about 300 gms of Bread Crumbs (or toast biscuits)
7. Spread the powdered bread crumb over a paper sheet and coat the marinated fish with the powder and give the fillets the desired shape
8. Keep the fish pieces of step 7 in freeze for an hour so that the fish pieces so prepared becomes a bit intact.
9. Heat oil in a frying pan for 3 minutes. Soak the fish pieces from previous step 8 into the mixture of egg and corn flour. Fry the above processed fish till it turns brown
10. Take out the fried fish pieces and put over kitchen napkin (paper towel) to soak the excess oil. The dish is ready to be served hot