Fish cooked in a thick gravy of onion, ginger, garlic, tomato and curd giving an authentic Bengali flavor
1. Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder
2. Cut tomato and onion in small pieces. Also make a paste of ginger(2 inch piece), garlic ( 1 medium) and 2 green chili.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai for 3-4 minutes. Fry the fish lightly and keep them aside.
4. To the hot oil add bay leaves and onion. Fry till the onions turn light brown
5. Add tomato and fry for 2 minutes. Add paste of ginger, garlic and chili with little turmeric powder and salt.
6. Add curd and stir the mix for 2 to 3 minutes
7. Add water 1 cup ( 200 ml )and allowed to boil. Then add the fried fish.
8. Allow to cook for 5 more minutes and then add green chili (2-3 cut into halves), garam masala, salt to taste and ghee, and mix it well.