This recipes combines rich Indian spices to create a delicious fish curry to be served with rice.
1. Take two fillets of atlantic salmon and wash it under cold water. Cut them into medium size rectangular pieces.
2. Marinate the fish with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, chop 1 medium size onion, 1 tomato, 4 green chilies and 1/2 cup of coriander leaves.
4. Heat3-4 tablespoon of oil on pan for 2-3 mins and then fry the fish pieces until they turn little brownish on the cover. Note - Do not deep fry it.( If you don't want to fry the fish you can broil them for approximately 10 minutes till the salmon appears brownish. )
5. Once fishes are fried, keep them aside. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds to the left over oil and cardamon seeds. - Add the chopped onion and fry it till it turns pink/light brown.Add 1 teaspoon of garlic paste and 1 teaspoon of ginger paste. Fry it for 2-3 minutes. then add the cut tomatoes and green chilies and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder.
7. Add the fried fishes and mix it well with the fried masala for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for 10-15 mins. make sure you cover the pan with a lid for this 15 minutes. Add the cut coriander leaves and taste for salt.
8. The recipe is ready to be served with white rice.