A traditional bengali recipe of fish kofta with Chital
1. Clean the fish and then scoop the fish flesh with a spoon to separate from the bones.
2. Boil potatoes and peel it. Then mash the potatoes a paste.
3. Cut the onions and tomatoes into small pieces. Keep the other ingredients aside.
4. Mix the mashed potato, fish (flesh),ginger-green chili paste(1 Â½ table spoon), garlic paste (3 table spoon), onion cuts (2 big) and salt (1 tea spoon)
5. Heat oil in a kadhai or pan. Add small hand made balls (pakora shape) of the mix to the heated oil and deep fry
6. After all the mix is fried, add the bay leaves , remaining onion ( 2) to the left over oil and fry for 2 minutes. After 3-4 minutes add cut tomato cuts and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Add ginger- green chili paste (1 Â½ table spoon), turmeric powder and cumin paste (2 table spoon), mix it well and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add 1 cup of water, and allow it to boil. Add the remaining salt (2 tea spoon). Bring it to boil.
9. Add fried fish pakoras and sliced green chili ( 2 medium) and allow to boil for 5 minutes. After that, add ghee ( 2 tea spoon) and garam masala powder (1 tea spoon). Add salt to taste and mix it well. Ready to be served with white rice.