Bengali style Katal fish gravy
1. Mix the fish pieces with little salt and turmeric powder
2. Heat oil in a deep pan for 3-4 minutes. Add the fish pieces and fry them few one at a time till they turn brown. Flip over till they fry.
3. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Add cumin seeds in the hot oil and add the cut tomato pieces. Sautee for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add cumin & coriander powder. Add pastes of ginger and green chili and mix it well.
6. Add 1 or 1.5 cup of water to the mix.Boil for 2-3 minutes
7. Add to salt , chili pieces and the fried fish pieces
8. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and green chili to taste.