Fish(Aar or Rohu or katla) fried and cooked in a ginger and tomato based gravy ususally served with white rice
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai for 4-5 minutes.
3. Fry the fishes and keep it.
4. Add bay leaves and cumin seeds. Wait for 1 minute and add the cut tomatoes.
5. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Add Ginger Chili paste.
7. Add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
8. Add the fried fishes and boil for 5 minutes.
9. Add the cut green chili and salt to taste. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.