Lauki kofta made with onion and tomato curry, served with rice.
1. Peel off the skin of bottle gourd. Grate it and squeeze out the excess water. Meanwhile chop onions and tomatoes.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium to high flame. Put red chili powder(1/4 teaspoon), garam masala(1/4 teaspoon), gram flour and salt in grated bottle gourd, mix well. Make small balls out of it
3. Put them in hot oil and turn the flame on a little more than medium flame. Fry until brown in color on both sides.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan on medium flame and put chopped onions in it. Cook it until brown in color. Once onions are cooked, put tomatoes and cook them well also.
5. Then put all the leftover spices in cooked paste and roast them well for 1 minute. Pour water over it and let 1-2 boils come.
6. Put fried balls in gravy and keep the heat on medium flame. Turn off the flame when gravy thickens.