This recipe is a maharashtrian preparation of karela stuffed with peanut powder and spices
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Take bitter gourd and wash it thoroughly. Cut it in to pieces.
2. Remove the seeds from center. Take water in vessel and add 1 tablespoon of salt and add the chopped pieces. This will help reduce the bitterness. If Bitter gourd seeds are tender then those can be added in it.
3. Remove the bitter gourd pieces after cooking for about 5 minutes and keep aside. Set aside all the remaining ingredients.
4. Take the following ingredients, Onion, peanut powder, sesame seed, garlic, Salt Sugar, Red chili powder, Garam Masala and Black Masala (Goda Masala) and Mix thoroughly to make the stuffing.
5. Fill the stuffing in the pieces of bitter gourd.
6. Heat cooking oil in fry pan/kadhai and add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Asafetida and Turmeric powder to it. Once the seeds splutter add stuffed bitter gourd pieces to pan.
7. Cover the fry pan with lid and heat on low heat for 10 minutes. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.