Sweet buns bring back so many childhood memories. There is something special about this soft sweet bread with bits of tutti fruity in it.
1. In a mixing bowl, take sugar yeast and add warm water. Let the yeast rise. Add in the maida and salt.
2. Add milk and knead the dough. When the dough begins to form, add in 2 tablespoons of tutti fruity.
3. Add in 2 tablespoons of melted butter. This dough is very sticky but once it is kneaded well it will become smooth. Cover and let the dough rise for around 20 minutes.
4. Now remove the dough and place it on a floured surface. Cut into 6 equal sized pieces. Form into balls ensuring that the dough ball is smooth to prevent it from cracking during the baking process.
5. Place on a greased and floured baking sheet. Add tutti fruity on top. Let the dough rise for another 10 minutes. Brush with milk. This version of buns is vegetarian. You can use egg wash as well.
6. Bake for around 35-45 minutes in an oven pre heated to 350 degrees. After 20 minutes or so, remove the buns and apply milk wash again. This prevents it from having a hard crust. Bake till golden brown. Once out of the oven, immediately apply butter. Enjoy with tea!