A south indian stew preparation of the Amaranth leaves served with rice
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the chana dal and let brown lightly.
2. Add the red chili, cumin, mustard and curry leaves and let splutter.
3. Add the garlic and green chili and saute for 1/2 minute.
4. Add the onions and turmeric and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the amaranth leaves and salt, cover with lid and let cook until the leaves are softened and lightly turn color.
6. Add the tamarind ,1 cup water and methi powder and let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the peanut powder, stir well and turn off the stove.You can add more water if you like it with more sauce.