Chamadumpa Pulusu is an easy andhararecipe prepared with taro root or chama dumpalu that is cooked in a tangy tamarind sauce
1. Pressure cook the Taro in water( fill till it covers the taro roots) for 3 whistles approximately 15 minutes .Peel and cut them into 1/2 inch slices.
2. In a pan, heat the oil and add cumin,mustard and curry leaves and let them splutter.
3. Add the onion and green chili and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
4. Add ginger garlic paste,turmeric and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and let cook until soft.
6. Add 3 cups of water, tamarind, garam masala,methi powder, salt and red chili powder and let come to a boil.Add the taro root pieces to the pan and cover with the lid and let cook on high flame for 10 minutes until gravy thickens and turn off the stove.Instead of methi powder you can also put 2 teaspoons of jaggery for a sweet and tangy version of the stew.