Tofu is a protein rich curd made from soya beans. Here is a healthy recipe with an Indian twist.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 15
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Tofu has a lot of water in it. To get rid of access water, keep a paper towel under and over the tofu block and place a heavy vessel on top of it. Let the water drain for at least 20 minutes. Cut the tofu into small cubes. I like the cubes very small since tofu has no taste and smaller the cubes, better it soaks the flavors of the curry.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. Add the finely chopped onions.
3. Add salt and let the onions turn light brown. Once the onions brown, add in the finely chopped tomatoes, garam masala and kashmiri chili powder. Mix well and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
4. Add in the tofu and the coriander leaves.
5. Add in the sugar, mix everything well and let it come to a boil. Enjoy hot with chapatis.