Vada pav is a popular spicy vegetarian fast food It consists of a batata vada sandwiched in a pav.
1. Wash Potatoes thoroughly and put in a pressure cooker and bring it to boil with 3 whistles. Alternately, you can bake potatoes in microwave. Usually microwaves have a setting for cooking 4 potatoes.
2. Take green chillies, garlic, ginger and coriander in a grinder and blend to a paste
3. Take a frying pan, add 2 tablespoon cooking oil and heat it. Pour the paste in the pan and stir. Then add chopped onions and stir for 3-5 minutes till the onions are softened and take off heat.
4. Peel boiled and mash the potatoes. Add the mixture to the mashed potatoes. Mix all ingredients well.
5. Take some mixture and press it to a small patty as shown in the picture below, repeat this for the remaining mixture.
6. Take gram flour in a bowl . Add salt ¼ tea spoon, ½ tea spoon turmeric powder and water. Mix it well till it becomes a thick batter.
7. Take a deep frying pan. Add cooking oil to it for deep frying. Once the oil is hot, take the patty, dip it in the batter and slowly add then to the hot oil int the pan. Put put 3-4 patties at a time. and deep fry till golden brown. Make sure the oil is not too hot.
8. Take some green chillies and slit vertically. Fry the chillies for 2 minutes in low heat. Sprinkle some salt and lemon to serve as a side.
9. Serve hot vadas with buns (Pav).