A recipe you can only find in the most traditional kitchens of Coastal Andhra
1. Grind the coriander leaves into a paste and keep aside.
2. Grind the ginger and green chilies and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chana dal, urad dal and roast until they turn light brown. Add the mustard, cumin,turmeric and curry leaves and let splutter.
4. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the eggplant and salt, cover with lid and cook on medium heat until the eggplants are half cooked.
6. Add the green chili ginger paste and stir for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the cilantro paste, cover and cook until eggplants are totally cooked
8. Add coconut, stir for 2-3 minutes and turn off the stove.