Vegetable pulao made with different vegetables and spices, served with raita.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 40 minutes
1. Cook rice separately. Cut and chop vegetables as shown. Heat ghee in a wide pan on medium to high flame. NOTE: You can add more vegetables if you want, like capsicum and mushrooms.
2. Turn the flame to medium. Put cumin seeds, cardamoms and cinnamon sticks in ghee and roast well.
3. Now put red chilli powder and roast well. Then put pulao masala and turmeric, roast them well also. Put cut potatoes and cauliflower in pan. Mix well and put some salt over it. Cover with lid for 5-8 minutes and turn the flame on low to medium flame.
4. After 5-7 minutes open the lid. Put peas and chopped carrots over the vegetables. Mix well and cover with lid again for 5-7 minutes.
5. Now open the lid and put cooked rice over roasted vegetables and mix very well. Vegetable pulao is ready to serve.