A quick, simple Goan Tendli vegetable cooked with coconut.
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Cut the tendli into quarters lengthwise and keep aside for later use. In a pressure cooker on low heat put in 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil and cumin seeds.
2. In a pressure cooker on low heat put in 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil and cumin seeds. When it sputters add in the turmeric, coriander powder, and chopped green chillies, mix it well.
3. Add coconut, fry till the water from the coconut starts to evaporate.
4. Now add tendli and water and salt to taste, Cover the pressure cooker, keep gas on medium heat and switch off after 3 whistles.
5. Serve with Chappatis or as an accompaniment with rice and curry.