An easy to make dip everyone will love, Perfect to share with family and friends with those chips and nachos on a game day
1. Take a big bowl in which you want to layer the dip.
2. For the first layer (Black beans): Drain the canned black beans and transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the beans for 2 minutes on high power. Remove the beans out and roughly smash them with a spoon. Spread this on the bottom layer of the presentation bowl and set aside.
3. For the second layer (Pico da Galo): Deseed the tomatoes and finely chop them. Add juice of 1/2 a lime.
4. Add chopped cilatro, fresh jalapeno pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix well. Spread this mixture evenly over the bean layer.
5. For the third layer (Guacamole): In a separate bowl add juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and finely chopped onion. Add avocado to this and mix everything together. The lime juice prevents the avocado from turning brown.
6. Layer this guacamole over the pico da galo mixture in the presentation bowl.
7. For the fourth layer (sour cream): Evenly spread store bought sour cream over the guacamole layer.
8. For the fifth layer (lettuce): Spread finely chopped lettuce over the sour cream layer.
9. For the sixth layer (cheese): Next layer is cheese. You can add any cheese of your choice except ricotta and mozzarella since it does not give much taste. I added pepper jack since I like the spice in it.
10. For the seventh layer (jalapenos): Top it off with spicy preserved jalapenos. I kept this layer for last because it is easier to remove the jalapenos for people who do not eat spicy food. Adjust the number of jalapenos based on your guests preferred spice levels.
11. Share this dip with family and friends with tortilla chips or nachos while watching your favorite game.