A traditional Marathi and Gujarati snack. It is made using colocasia leaves and making them into rolls. Colocasia leaves are very easily available in monsoon time. While buying the leaves make sure they are fresh if not there is a chance of causing itchiness on skin, tongue and throat.
1. Prepare batter/ paste first. Take all above ingredients except Colocasia , and prepare homogeneous mixture by adding water.
2. Wash Colocasia leaves thoroughly and clean them. Dry leaves and remove stems.
3. Apply the paste on leaf as shown, keep another leaf on that as shown.
4. Then make a roll of these leaves. Take a plate and apply vegetable oil (few drops) on its surface. Keep roll in it.
5. Steam it for 10 minutes.
6. Cut it in pieces , for frying .
7. Heat oil in frying pan and shallow fry cut pieces in frying pan.
8. Now the dish is ready, serve it by garnishing with coriander leaves and chili.