A popular marathi snacks which is great for parties and for kids
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Snacks
- Serves 30
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 17 hour(s) 40 minute(s)
1. Set aside all the ingredients as shown in the picture below.
2. Take gram flour in bowl. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder and mix properly. Add Butter milk in bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat the mixture in a pan for 7 to 8 minutes on medium flame. Stir it during heating.
4. Grease the plate with cooking oil and pour the mixture on plate in one direction. Spread it on full plate when it is hot. Cut it with knife only in straight lines as shown. Layer the top with grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Take pan for making tadaka. Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida powder , turmeric powder ,green chili chopped , curry leaves to it. Heat it till mustard seeds splutter.
6. Make rolls as shown below and Surali Vadi is ready to serve.