Avocado is a very healthy food with a number of proven health benefits. But eating avocado as is a little challenging to me owing to its buttery yet bland taste. Hence I use it in shakes, dips and salads. Avocado Tikki is yet another tasty dish made using primarily avacados.
1. Cut the avocado and remove the seed from it. scoop out the pulp from the fruit into a mixing bowl using a spoon.
2. Mash the avocado pulp with back of a fork. It doesn't need to be mashed into a paste, just clear out big lumps.
3. Add all ingredients except oil to the mashed avocado and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Make small coin size tikkis of the avocado mixture and fry in the pan. If the consistency of the mixture is too thin to allow shaping into tikkis, add a little more besan or rice flour filler. Apply water to your palm and then shape the tikkis so that they can be easily slid into the pan using your finger tips. Or you can simply use your vada shaping technique.
5. Carefully turn the tikkis over after 2-3 minutes. Fry them till they turn golden brown. Serve with chutney, hot sauce , soft rotis or as it is!