An easy to make Baigan Bharta with a lovely smokey flavor !!!
1. Apply some oil on the Eggplant and put it in the oven for 20 minutes on broil (max temperature), make sure the tray is in the middle of the oven so both the top and the bottom of the eggplant gets heated evenly. Once done, cool and peel the skin of the eggplant and cut out the stem.
2. Put 4 tsp of oil in a hot pan, add cumin seeds in hot oil. Then add crushed ginger and garlic saute for a while.
3. Add onion and saute before getting brown. Then add salt, chopped green chilies and tomatoes.
4. Add turmeric, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook on a low flame till the tomato softens to form a paste ( appropriately for 8 to 10 minutes).
5. Add chili powder, the egg plant to the pan, mix well and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with phulkas or roti.